Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but they do not plan for that which is certain to occur, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own morality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now (please click here for our Pre-Planning Form). The primary advantages of pre-planning your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones and ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes. Taking the time now to plan your funeral is one less task your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
When pre-planning your funeral, you have the option to pre-pay for the services. Everyone may opt to pre-pay, but should you choose to, we will guide you through the steps for pre-paying.
Pre-paying for your funeral reduces the financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can arrange a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment to monthly payments through personal deposits or bank standing orders. By pre-paying, your family does not have to wonder if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and/or pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and in the event of a burial, the location
- Select your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose the person you would like to officiate the service
- Choose the location of the service (i.e. in-house chapel or place of worship)
- Select the burial garments
- Pick what type of floral arrangements and style of programs
- Select which photographs you would .like to be used in the programs
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind.
- Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.